A 1 hour online training video and quiz designed to help members in the Healthcare field identify victims of human trafficking.
The Human Trafficking course is designed to help members in the Healthcare field identify victims of human trafficking and to recognize the roles of varied team members trained in a patient-centered approach to rescue and guide recovery of traumatized individuals of all age groups, genders and ethnicities. Information covered in the course will include the following:
- Both sex trafficking and labor trafficking
- How to identify individuals who may be victims of human trafficking
- How to report cases of human trafficking
- Resources available to victims
- Course Rationale
The information presented in this course is critical for Healthcare providers and in all settings and the problem of Human Trafficking impacts all aspects of Society. It is imperative that all healthcare professionals educate themselves to facilitate effective strategies to reduce the missed opportunities to identify and report Human Trafficking in health care.
Learning objectives and Course outline:
- Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand that human trafficking can be encountered in the healthcare setting.
- Understand the difference and definition of both sex and labor trafficking.
- Understand the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act.
- Statistics and Trends of Human Trafficking.
- Different types of Human trafficking.
- Victims of Human Trafficking.
- Consequences of Human Trafficking.
- Methods of Human Trafficking.
- Recognizing Victims of Human Trafficking.
- How to identify individuals who may be victims of human trafficking.
- How to report cases of human trafficking.
- The Role of Healthcare Providers in Reporting.
- Find resources that are available to victims.
- Research Review Human Trafficking & Mental Illness.
- Post-Test (end hour 1)